Commencement activities are approaching fast. Here is the basic information about dates and times for graduating seniors and for others in the community who might wish to attend:
- Wednesday, May 3: Senior Lunch on the quad at noon — Free for everyone.
- Wednesday, May 3: Senior Chapel. Please come and help celebrate the seniors.
- Friday, May 19: Baccalaureate at The Union Church in Waban (see map) at 7PM. Graduates gather at 6 at the church to robe (robes only, no caps) and process. A reception will follow on campus in Upper Noyes, and this event is free and open to the whole community. The featured speaker is Professor M.T. Dávila. Parking availability at the Union Church parking lot is limited. There is street parking available as well as a parking lot directly across the street from the church. The church is also accessible via subway T - Green Line Waban stop. For any of your guests who require it, you can drop them off at the front of the church.
- Saturday, May 20: Graduation brunch in upper Noyes, sponsored by Development at 10 a.m. - noon for a hot breakfast the morning of graduation! This is a wonderful way to reflect on your years at Andover Newton with your fellow graduates and to introduce your loved ones to the campus, connect with professors and staff, and head into graduation re-energized. Cost: $5 per person. Purchase tickets at the door on the day of the brunch.
- Saturday, May 20: Franklin Trask Library and the Hill-Top Shop open from 11am – 1pm. Buy some Andover Newton memorabilia – historical and contemporary – and gently used theology books.
- Saturday, May 20: Commencement at First Baptist Church in Newton (see map), 2 p.m. (grads gather at 1 at the church to robe and process). Featured speakers are the Rev. Dr. Charles "Chaz" Howard (MDiv '03) and student speaker Patrick Jackson (MDiv '17), reception following on the quad.Tickets are required — each grad receives four tickets, one for yourself and three for guests. Additional tickets may be purchased in the Business Office for $15 each. If you are not graduating but wish to attend, you also may purchase one or more tickets in the Business Office.
Congratulations to all the seniors!