ANTS Student E-News - Tuesday, July 24, 2007
- Registration Information
- Important Course Information
- Library Message
- Tuition Rates 2007-08 Update
We hope you are having a good summer. As of Fall 2007, all ANTS registrations must be completed online.
Registration dates are as follows:
July 30 - August 17 - (Seniors)
August 4 - 17 - (All Other Students)
After August 17 - ($150 late fee will apply)
August 18 - September 21 - (Add/Drop Period)
Please don't delay, as some classes fill quickly!
For course descriptions visit http://www.ants.edu/academics/courses/index.htm.
Students who are: Currently on probation; Need to register on-leave; Need to register for special Directed Study courses or CPE must contact the Registrar directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students need an Andover Newton student ID, which can be obtained at the Registrar's office, for the following items:
Obtaining a parking sticker:
(car parking sticker form available on the web: http://www.ants.edu/student/registrar/forms/carstickerreg.pdf )
Obtaining a student e-mail packet
Registration for wireless internet access
A package had been mail and you will find:
Instructions on how to register and pay on-line.
Instructions on how to register for field education and a P3 course schedule for Fall
Fall 2007 and Winter 2008 course schedule
Tuition Rates 2007 - 2008 Memo from the Business Office
Student Health Plan Information - Remember - All Students must have a Health Plan.
Directory Information Form - Privacy Act information (FERPA)
Meningococcal Disease and Students - Commonly Asked Questions.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
Commuter Housing Form
Photo Release Form
Important Course Information
***IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION***
In the last month, there have been many changes made to the Andover Newton course schedules: Additions, deletions, and some moves of days and times. As you prepare for registration, PLEASE be sure to check the website for the most up-to-date semester schedules, or pick one up outside the Registrar's office.
Assistant to the Faculty
The library system will be down for routine upgrades and maintenance all day Friday, July 27.
Tuition Rates 2007-08 Update
As you know, Andover Newton's Trustees have decided to institute a multi-tiered tuition structure for the next academic year. Details of the new rates and related expenses can be found at the ANTS website. However, there has been some confusion as to how the new tiered rates will be applied. This memo will clarify the method to be used, so you can accurately estimate your costs for each semester.
Previous communications indicated that the total number of credits to be used in determining the tuition tiers would be computed on an annual basis and that adjustments would be made at the end of each academic year. For a number of reasons, this will not be the method used. For example, each student's eligibility for student loans is determined by the number of credit hours he or she is registered for in each semester. This is a requirement of federal law which does not conform to a system which computes eligibility on an annual basis. Likewise, most of ANTS' scholarships are written to determine eligibility by semester; we cannot make these scholarship programs conform to an annual computation method without violating the indentures which established them. Eligibility and required participation standards for ANTS' Health Insurance program, set by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, are determined each semester. Finally, one of the Trustees' purposes in instituting the tiered system was to establish a more predictable revenue stream for the school; making all adjustments at the end of a whole academic year would defeat this important purpose.
As a result of these considerations, the Administration has decided to institute the following policy:
1) Tuition tiers for 2007-08 will remain as announced on the ANTS website.
2) Tuition for Winterim and Summer Term courses will be $450 per credit hour.
3) Each student's tuition tier for fall and spring will be determined on a per-semester basis. For example, if you registered for 12 credits in the fall 2007 semester, you would be billed at the rate of $433 per credit hour for a total fall tuition of $5,196.00; if you subsequently dropped a 3-credit course, your tuition cost would increase to $500 per credit hour, for a total fall tuition of $4,500.00. The adjustment of $696.00 would be credited to your student account. If you dropped 2 courses, and were taking only 6 credit hours, your tuition cost would increase to $550 per credit hour, for a total fall tuition of $3,300.00. The adjustment of $1,896.00 would be credited to your student account. Adjustments to your scholarship aid or student loans consequent to your taking fewer credit hours would also be made to your student account. This same procedure will take place each semester.
4) Additional tuition adjustments or waivers (e.g., if a course you require is not offered in a particular semester or if you are in your final year at ANTS) will be made, on a case-by-case basis, by ANTS administration.
We realize that planning your expenses is often not easy, and that our previous announcements about how we would implement our new tuition brackets may have added to the difficulty. Please accept our apology for any misunderstandings this may have caused. As always, the Business Office staff will be glad to answer any questions you may have about the new tuition structure.
Robert S. MacDonald
Vice President for Finance and Operations