Rights and Responsibilities
- Complete and submit application materials to the appropriate agencies within required or recommended timeframes.
- Read all materials sent to you from the Financial Aid Office and other agencies awarding you aid. Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms you sign.
- Know and comply with the rules governing the aid you receive. These rules include but are not limited to:
- You must not be in default on any prior educational loan
- You must not owe a refund on a Federal Pell Grant or a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- You must provide additional documentation, federal tax transcripts, federal tax returns, W-2s, verification documentation and any additional information if requested by the student financial aid office
- You must comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign, including repaying your student loans
- You must use student financial aid proceeds solely for direct educational costs and related living expenses
- You must maintain satisfactory academic progress
- You must report private sources of student financial aid to the student financial aid office
- You must report any changes in your marital, academic, enrollment, residential or name status
- You must keep your local and permanent addresses current with the Andover Newton registrar
All records and data submitted with your application for financial aid will be treated as confidential information, as prescribed by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). All students have the right to:
- Have an explanation of the award process
- Be notified of changes in your financial aid status and the reasons for those changes
- Know the conditions of any loan you accept
- Refund of credit balance in excess of tuition, fees, on campus housing, and other authorized charges the school assesses.