Steps for Applying for Financial Aid
Complete the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
You may submit your FAFSA by accessing the FAFSA via the WEB at www.fafsa.ed.gov after January 1, 2013
The federal school code for Andover Newton is: G02116.
Complete the 2013-2014 Andover Newton Application for Financial Aid
You may submit your school application by completing the application online at www.ants.edu after February 15, 2013
Carefully consider the number of credits you are planning to take and any outside resources that you may be receiving during the year. This information is necessary in determining your eligibility.
The school will use the information obtained through the FAFSA and the school aid form to calculate your eligibility for scholarships and Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans. All forms must be completed and received by the Financial Aid Office prior to receiving a final financial aid award. In order to receive Andover Newton Financial Aid a student must be enrolled for at least 7.5 credits (3 classes) in the Fall and/or Spring semester. In order to receive a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan a student must be enrolled for at least 6 credits in the Fall and/or Spring semester. Students must be enrolled in a degree program in order to receive financial aid.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 was signed into law on August 2, 2011. The following changes were made to the Direct Stafford Loan Program.
- Effective for loans made for periods of enrollment beginning on or after July 1, 2012 graduate students are no longer eligible to receive Federal Direct Subsidized Loans. Graduate students will only be eligible to receive Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans. The annual loan limit remains unchanged at $20,500.
- Effective for loans disbursed on or after July1, 2012, the up-front interest rebate of .5% has been terminated. A 1% fee will now be deducted from each disbursement.
Receive your Award Letter, complete and return to the Financial Aid Office
New students and first time borrowers at Andover Newton will need to complete online Entrance Counseling which will teach you your rights and responsibilities as a borrower and a Master Promissory Note in order to receive a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. New students who have a Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note on file with the Department of Education will only need to complete entrance counseling.
Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling may be completed at http://www.studentloans.gov. Students will need to have their PIN number available.
Students selected for verification (the Department of Education randomly selects students for verification) must provide the following information.
- Department of Education verification worksheet
- Federal tax information
- If you used the IRS Tax Retrieval process when completing you FAFSA and did not make any changes to that information a 2012 tax transcript will not be necessary.
- If you did not use the Tax Retrieval process or you made changes then you must contact the IRS at www.irs.gov to obtain a 2012 tax transcript.
|Deadlines for Fall 2013 Term|
|Returning Students:||Priority date for Andover Newton Financial Aid is
April 15, 2013
Award letters will be mailed beginning May 1, 2013
After April 15, awards will be made based on availability of funds
|New Students:||Awards will be made after acceptance to Andover Newton.
Andover Newton Scholarships will be based on availability of funds
Award letters will be mailed after March 15, 2013.
|Spring 2014 Term|
|All Students:||Awards will be made based on availability of funds|