Employment at Andover Newton
This page lists current regular, part-time, and limited contract positions currently open at Andover Newton Theological School.
Positions open specifically to matriculated Andover Newton students are listed on the Student and Alumni/ae Job Board. Positions open at contracted services on campus, including dining services, will generally be listed with those organizations corporate websites.
Currently Available Position(s)
The Center for Interreligious and Communal Leadership Education (CIRCLE), a program of Andover Newton Theological School and Hebrew College, is seeking a part time Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant Job Description:
Provides administrative support to CIRCLE’s three co-directors for all aspects of CIRCLE’s programming. The position is 10 hours a week. Compensation is $1,000/month. Weekly distribution of hours to be negotiated. Some evening events will be required. Starting immediately.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency with word processing programs, excel and basic web editing, excellent problem solving/ critical thinking skills, and the capacity to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely fashion. He or she will have the ability to work with a religiously diverse community of people. Experience working in an academic setting is a plus.
- With the co-directors, prepare agendas and supporting material for distribution in advance of weekly meetings
- Ensure the timely distribution of material to CIRCLE staff and Executive CIRCLE members
- Take notes and draft minutes of meetings for review by the CIRCLE Co-Director
- Create action list for CIRCLE staff from weekly meetings
- Assist co-directors in planning, coordinating, and executing CIRCLE programming, including the monthly CIRCLE fellows meeting and the annual Joint Community Day
- Assist co-directors in editing and updating the bi-annual newsletter and CIRCLE’s website
- Assist with communications and publicity for CIRCLE-sponsored events
- Set up weekly conference calls and support the flow of information between the CIRCLE co-directors and staff at State of Formation and the Journal for Interreligious Studies
- Provide administration support to the executive director as required
- Assist CIRCLE co-directors with the preparation of annual grant reports
Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook Express, & basic Web editing
Background of CIRCLE: Founded in 2008 with a generous grant from the Henry Luce Foundation, CIRCLE is a joint initiative of Andover Newton Theological School (ANTS) and Hebrew College (HC). CIRCLE’s mission is to help prepare religious leaders for service in a religiously diverse society, and to provide adult learners with high quality educational opportunities and resources. The range of CIRCLE initiatives includes: 1) Joint academic courses for graduate students from Andover Newton Theological School and Hebrew College and for students who are a part of the Boston Theological Institute, a consortium of 10 seminaries and divinity schools in Greater Boston; 2) a fellowship for outstanding graduate students from the two schools—Jewish, Christian, and Unitarian Universalist—and for Muslim community leaders; 3) interfaith peer groups of 8-10 participants that meet once monthly for interfaith study, action, and intentional conversation; 4) The Journal of Inter-Religious Dialogue (JIRD), the largest peer-reviewed interfaith journal in the United States, and 5) State of Formation (SoF), a unique online platform for dialogue among emerging religious and ethical leaders from diverse religious and cultural traditions with over 150 contributors.