Christian Education Director, East Derry, NH
First Parish Congregational Church, UCC, of East Derry, N.H., is looking for a Director of Christian Education.
- Your main objective is to oversee and continue developing the Christian Education programs at FPC: be in the office at least one day per week in addition to Sunday mornings, to organize church school classes for nursery through 12th-grade students, and to reach out to young adults and help them find a niche.
- You are an important member of the FPC staff and will be expected to attend monthly staff meetings, meet regularly to collaborate with the Senior Pastor, and communicate the scheduling needs of the Christian Education programs.
- You are an important member of the Christian Education Board and will be expected to attend monthly meetings, communicate with the Board, work effectively with the chairperson, and work collaboratively with the Youth Ministry Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced theological training preferred.
- Experience teaching and leading activities with all ages is required.
- Skilled in working with and relating to teenagers.
- Ability to recruit, train, and work effectively with volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong technology skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media.
Compensation: $18/hour, 15-20 hours per week.
About Us: A member of the United Church of Christ, First Parish Congregational Church (FPC) is an Open and Affirming (ONA) congregation where everyone is enthusiastically welcomed. We have 350+ members and have just voted to begin a 3-year capital campaign to rehabilitate our historic Meetinghouse. With a new Senior Pastor and a three-year capital campaign just beginning, we have a lot of energy and excitement right now.
Julie Daysa, CE Director