Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries, Waban, MA
Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries
Union Church in Waban
Part-time: 20 hrs/week; Aug. 15 - June 30, with summers off.
Vacation: 20 hrs/year within work calendar.
Work schedule: Sundays (up to 7 hours when necessary), required weekly Pastor and staff meetings and monthly Christian Education Committee meetings. Flexible schedule for balance of hours each week.
The Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries reports to the Pastor and Christian Education Committee and is directly supervised by the Pastor. The Director is responsible for educational programming that:
- Nourishes the spiritual formation of our children and youth;
- Teaches Scripture and the Christian tradition;
- Provides opportunities for caring fellowship; and
- Includes outreach and mission projects.
- Commitment to the child-cherishing philosophy of the Union Church in Waban.
- Willingness and ability to serve in response to the needs of this church.
- A knowledge of, or foundation in, the Christian religion and an openness and appreciation of religious, racial, social and economic diversity.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Leadership abilities and competence in interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to function as part of a team ministry with responsibility to the Pastor and the CE committee.
- Interest in self improvement and continuing education.
- Confidentiality and sensitivity to Church community and family matters.
- A love of church and a faith-filled life.
Between $17,000 and $18,400, depending on experience.