Home-delivered Meals Driver, Jamaica Plain, MA
Be the Sunshine in Elders’ Lives!
Ethos is a private nonprofit serving the elderly.
HOME-DELIVERED MEALS DRIVER (part-time)
DUTIES: Package and deliver meals to homebound elders from approximately 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. 5 weekdays.
- Pack all meals and product to be delivered as needed.
- Ensure that the correct number and type of meals in personal or assigned vehicle corresponds to the number of clients on the packing sheets.
- Accurately deliver all items to clients along assigned route.
- Be a flexible team member, accepting changes in meal routes as needed.
- Maintain home-delivered meal client route sheets, especially noting client absences. The office must be notified of clients who do not answer the door.
- Respond to client emergency situations immediately.
- Ensure equipment maintenance, i.e. coolers; heat bricks; etc.
- Comply with sanitation guidelines.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and maintenance of a safe driving record.
- Ability to safely lift/transport meal containers of up to 25 pounds.
- Acceptable tuberculosis test result and disease status.
- Sensitivity to elder issues and diverse populations.
- Acceptable pre-employment CORI-check.
- Personal car availability.
Pay is $13.49 per hour. For more information, call Nachet at 617-477-6673 or apply at Ethos, 555 Amory St., Jamaica Plain, MA 02130.
AA/EEO employer. We promote workplace diversity.