Retreat Facilitator, Reiserstown, MD
If We Serve is an exciting new interfaith service learning retreat for college students. This retreat will bring together approximately 20 students with diverse religious and non-religious identities to dialogue with each other, explore religious and ideological perspectives on serving others, speak with leaders who have dedicated their lives to service, and engage in service themselves. The retreat will take place Jan. 11-15, 2015, in Reiserstown, Md.
If We Serve is seeking to build a leadership team of people with diverse religious and non-religious identities to develop the content of the retreat and facilitate the retreat. Ideal members of the leadership team are:
- Passionate about interfaith collaboration;
- Dedicated to serving others and creating a more just society;
- Well-versed in the texts, prayers, rituals, traditions, beliefs, stories, and/or theology of their own religious or ideological framework, especially as they relate to serving others;
- Experienced in facilitating interfaith or cross-cultural dialogue; and
- Excited about working with a team in order to create a transformative interfaith experience.
- Gathering sources (including texts, prayers, rituals, traditions, stories, etc.) from one’s own religious or non-religious tradition for use during the retreat
- Working with other team members to compile sources into a curriculum/source book and plan the retreat’s daily schedule
- Attending in-person and online meetings with other members of the leadership team
- Contributing to the content and design of If We Serve’s media and web presence
- Recruiting students to attend the retreat
- Coordinating retreat logistics, including volunteer sites, speakers, and transportation
- Facilitating dialogue, teaching religious sources, and generally serving as a resource during the retreat
- Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the retreat following its conclusion
- An honorarium of $800-1,250
- Transportation within the United States to planning meetings in New York City and home hospitality, if needed
- Transportation within the United States, room, and board at the retreat on Jan. 11-15, 2015
Please note: Ideally, each team member will be able to help design and facilitate the retreat. However, if you are not able to attend the retreat but are still interested in being a part of If We Serve, we still welcome your application!