Ask a Reference Question
What type of question may I ask?
This service is intended to address the following types of inquiries:
- Questions that require brief, factual information such as an address or an historical fact
- Citation verification
- Information about the Trask Library's holdings and services
- Questions about appropriate sources to use for research. Note: while we cannot provide comprehensive or lengthy bibliographies we can offer guidance for those who need the sort of guidance required to research a new topic such as "which database should I use for research on . . . ?
For questions involving extensive research we invite you to stop by or call the Reference Department at 617-831-2415.
Please contact Diana Yount at the same number or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for reference questions related to archival material in the Merrill Department of Rare Books and Special Collections.
Who may ask a question?At this time, anyone may use this Reference Service. Preference will be given to Andover Newton students, faculty, staff and alumni.
How does the service work?
Trask Library reference staff will help you find answers to any clearly written and understandable ready-reference question. While we make no claim to answer all questions we will give it our best shot. You will be contacted as quickly as possible with one of the following responses:
- an answer, or
- a request for more information, or
- advice on where you might be able to locate an answer.
Please note that the fields designated with an asterisk () must be supplied.