On-Campus Study/Reflection Opportunities at Andover Newton
Take a Step Back to Get Ready for a Leap Forward
It's easy to be overwhelmed by ministry. Pastoral demands are great. Leadership challenges are great. Even the regular routine of meetings, worship, and teaching can at times seem to be more than is possible to fit into the time that's available.
When ministry is like that the thing we need most is often the thing that seems most difficult to do – getting away for a time of spiritual and intellectual renewal.
Andover Newton provides a way of making that possible.
The purpose of the On-Campus Study and Renewal Program is to provide campus resources for short-term and sabbatical study/renewal opportunities.
It can be for a week or an entire semester.
During your time on campus you will be able to take advantage of a wealth of resources, including:
- The library
- Attendance in class sessions (with the permission of the instructor)
- Conversations with faculty (as arranged)
- Chapel services
- Lectures and workshops (as offered)
- A quiet room for study
- Housing at a reduced rate (as available)
- Meals (as requested)
The registration fee is $50 a week for Andover Newton graduates, $75 a week for non-graduates.
Housing for graduates is
- $60/night, $750/month for a room with a private bath and kitchen
- $50/night for a room with a shared bath with refrigerator and coffeemaker
Housing for non-graduates is
- $125/night, $750/month for a room with a private bath and kitchen
- $75/night for a room with a shared bath with refrigerator and coffeemaker
For further information contact:
Director of Ministry Studies
210 Herrick Rd.
Newton Centre, MA 02450