World Interfaith Harmony Week, Feb. 1-7, 2014
CIRCLE co-directors discuss 'Future of Interfaith in Higher Education'
The co-directors of the CIRCLE program will be among a group of interfaith pioneers participating in webinars marking World Interfaith Harmony Week, Feb. 1-7. Dr. Jennifer Howe Peace (Andover Newton) and Rabbi Or Rose (Hebrew College) will discuss “The Future of Interfaith in Higher Education” on Thursday, Feb. 6.
This free discussion is just one of the free web seminars offered through the week through the sponsorship of Religions for Peace USA and the El-Hibri Foundation.
See the press release below for a full schedule of events:
World Interfaith Harmony Week is February 1-7. How will you participate? How about some engaging dialogue, learning & interfaith professional development?
We’ve collected some of the best leaders in interfaith work today and are offering them up in a tempting menu of free webinars. It’s like attending a whole conference in little bits each day for a week. And did we mention it was free?
The El-Hibri Foundation and Religions for Peace USA present:
- Monday, Feb. 3 at 3 pm ET On Best Practices and Models of Interfaith Dialogue with Dr. Mohammed Abu-Nimer (American University)
- Tuesday, Feb. 4 at 1PM ET The Role of Government in Interfaith with Dr. Ken Bedell (U.S. Department of Education)
- Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 2 PM ET Atheism and Secularist Voices in Interreligious Dialogue with Mr. Chris Stedman (Harvard / Religion News Service)
- Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 3 PM ET Using Media to Advance Understanding of Religious Identity with Ms. Beth Katz (Project Interfaith and RavelUnravel)
- Thursday, Feb. 6 at 1 PM ET The Future of Interfaith in Higher Education with Rabbi Or Rose (Hebrew College) & Dr. Jennifer Peace Howe (Andover Newtown Theological Seminary)
- Thursday, Feb. 6 at 3 PM ET Answering Difficult Questions in Interfaith Dialogue with Rabbi Gerry Serotta (Clergy Beyond Borders) & Imam Yahya Hendi (Georgetown University)
- Friday, Feb. 7 at 3 PM ET What Research and Big Data Can Do for Interfaith with Dr. Patrice Brodeur (Director of Research, KAICIID Dialogue Centre)