Student Computer Lab Policies
All of the policies pertaining to Information Technology Use Policies apply to the student lab. In addition, the following policies apply:
- Use of ANTS Student Lab facilities is limited to current ANTS students, faculty, and
staff. Use by other persons is strictly prohibited.
- Academic work by students takes precedence over all other uses of the computers. The
primary function of these resources is for work-related academics. All other uses are
- Files are to be saved to the user's own media and not to the hard drive. It is the
user's responsibility to provide his/her own media. Files saved on the hard drive will be
deleted without notice.
- Lab software that is copyrighted may not be copied. Students may not install any
software program or utility on the lab computers without written permission of the
Information Technology Department.
- Only software that is properly licensed will be loaded on the lab
- Students may not remove any icons or programs from the lab computers, nor may they
alter any programs.
- ANTS Information Technology Department assumes no responsibility for lost or
corrupted data on any PC.
- Students should limit their time on the computers to two hours unless there are no
other users waiting.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the computer lab.
- If a technical problem occurs with either the hardware or software, contact the
Information Technology Department, Ext. 301, rather than trying to fix it.
- The lab will be open during posted hours only. Security concerns must be honored, so
users are asked not to stay beyond the posted time.
- Recognizing that we are a school of the church, accessing, downloading, or storing sexually explicit or other morally questionable material is prohibited.
Updated September 21, 2006