City Year give a year
City Year is an education-focused, nonprofit organization founded (in Boston) in 1988 which partners with public schools to provide full-time targeted intervention for students most at risk of dropping out. In 23 communities across the United States and through two international affiliates, young AmeriCorps leaders support students by focusing on attendance, behavior, and course performance through in-class tutoring, mentoring, and after school programs that keep kids in school and on track to graduate. The program has graduated more than 15,000 alumni; served more than 1.2 million children; completed more than 26 million hours of service; and generated more than $66 million in education scholarships for City Year graduates.
Andover Newton values the contributions City Year volunteers and staff members have made, and the expertise they have gained, by offering a waiver of our application fee and a 30% tuition discount to eligible members admitted to any of our degree or certificate programs. A give a year Partner school since 2010, Andover Newton was the first graduate theological school to affiliate with City Year and offer its members valuable access to preparation for ministry.
- Awards are available to admitted students who were City Year corps and alumni for at least one year of service or City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- The award will be equal to at least 30% of tuition per year for all admitted City Year corps, alumni and staff members. This scholarship is available for all degree programs, and there is no limit to the number of awards available each year.
- Admitted students will be permitted to defer enrollment by one year if they decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies.
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards based on the strength of the application.
To apply for the City Year give a year Award at Andover Newton
- Be sure to list City Year service in the volunteer or employment section of your admissions application
- Submit a letter verifying your City Year service. Please send an email to Nan Shearer, City Year Alumni & Career Services Manager, at email@example.com with "Andover Newton Theological School Application: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line. Include the site where you served and date(s) of service in the email. A verification letter will be sent to Andover Newton Theological School and added to your application materials.
To apply to City Year
- Follow the instructions to become a volunteer at http://cityyear.org/joincorps.aspx
- Apply for a job at http://cityyear.org/jobs.aspx